Zheng Haotian is a legal professional in our Shanghai representative office specialising in corporate and commercial matters, with a strong focus on foreign direct investment, mergers and acquisitions, and cross-border joint ventures in China.
With her extensive knowledge and experience in this field, she offers practical solutions for effectively navigating the complexities of the Chinese business landscape.
In addition to her expertise in China-related transactions, Zheng Haotian also actively advises both Chinese state-owned companies and private enterprises on their overseas investments in Singapore and other Southeast Asian countries.
She is effectively bilingual in English and Mandarin and is able to draft and negotiate legal documents and advise on legal issues in both Chinese and English.
Notable Cases & Transactions
- Acted for a Singapore investor in setting up three platforms with Vanke Logistics successively to invest in, develop, and operate logistics assets in various cities in China.
- Acted for a Singapore investor in its joint investment with CapitaLand in data center projects in China.
- Acted for a Singapore sovereign wealth fund, in respect of a joint venture with CapitaLand into the twin towers in Shanghai for a total investment amount of RMB 12.8 billion, which was one of the two largest deals made by foreign investors in the year of 2018.
- Acted for a Singapore‘s sovereign wealth fund in forming a joint venture with Beijing Capital Land Ltd to acquire, develop, and operate a long-term rental apartment in Shanghai.
- Acted for a Singapore investor in setting up a platform with Yanlord (a leading real estate developer) to facilitate investments in residential projects across various cities in China.
- Acted for a Singapore investor in establishing a platform with Huazhu Group (which is a world-leading hotel group) for the purpose of investing in hotel properties in various cities throughout China.
Acted for AZURE hotel group in their acquisition of a hotel situated in Guangzhou, China;.
Acted for a Singapore Investor in their bid for the land use right of a piece of land in Shanghai in conjunction with Kerry Properties Limited, for the purposes of developing and operating a retail and office complex on the land.
Acted for a Singapore investor to set up a platform with Huazhimen Capital and another Hong Kong investor to lease, decorate, renovate, and operate retail and/or office properties in Shanghai.
Acted for a Singapore medical group in the acquisition and investment of a medical institution in Wuxi, Jiangsu Province.
Acted for ST Engineering Aerospace Ltd in its joint venture with SF Airlines which is the biggest freight airlines with the largest fleet size in China, to provide airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul services in China.
Acted for Mitsui, a large conglomerate based in Japan, in its acquisition of two commercial buildings in Shanghai.
Acted for a Singapore investor’s wholly-owned company in China in its investment in a Sino-Singapore Fintech RMB equity investment fund.
Acted for a Singapore Company in the disposal of their industrial land and manufacturing factories in Shanghai to a PRC company.
Acted for a Chinese investor in their investment and restructuring of a group of companies across China, Singapore, and the British Virgin Islands.
Acted for a state-owned company in its investment in a biomass power project in Indonesia.
Acted for a private company in Qingdao for its investment in Singapore and Indonesia.
Acted for a PRC investor in their investment in logistics industries in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
Employment and Other Corporate Matters
- Acted for a Singapore statutory board in preparing its employee handbooks for all its offices in China and other general employment-related advice.
- Acted for a US Software Solutions company in advising various employment matters of its wholly-owned company in China (including the termination of employment contracts under special situations).
- Acted for an American toy product retailer in advising employment matters of its wholly-owned company in China (including the termination of employment contracts under special situations).
- Acted for a global masterbatch leader in advising employment matters of its wholly-owned company in China (including the termination of employment contracts under special situations).
- Acted for Uniplas Group in preparing its employee handbook and other employment-related maters.
Acted for Ivy Mobility, a pioneer in cloud-based Software as a Service, in advising employment matters of its wholly-owned company in China.
Acted for Capella Hotel Group in drafting, negotiating and finalizing hotel management agreements for Capella and Patina hotels in Sanya, Suzhou and other cities in China.
Advised Infineum on various corporate matters arising from their daily operation in China.
Advised OUE LIPPO HEALTHCARE on general corporate matters related to their daily operations in China.
Advised Facebook Singapore Pte. Ltd. (Meta) on the legal systems and regulations in China related to their business model.
- Shanghai Law Society Real Estate Practice Research Committee