U Nyein Kyaw has been a licensed practitioner in Myanmar since 1979 and founded NK Legal Myanmar in 1980. He is one of the well regarded practitioners in Myanmar.
He has served a number of clients who are both local and international. Nyein Kyaw has served a number of market leaders in connection with projects and investments in Myanmar and continues to represent a number of international clients in sectors as diverse as sugar production, aviation, telecommunications, port enlargement, property development as well as advising on joint ventures by multinational and regional companies. An experienced regulatory practitioner, Nyein Kyaw is familiar and up-to-date with the regulatory environment in Myanmar and is well versed to advise on applications for permits from local authorities.
Additionally, Nyein Kyaw has had correspondence and referral relationship with major law firms in London, Sydney, Seattle, Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand and Vietnam. From 1997 to 2002, the firm has also collaborated with LWA Consultants Ltd (the first international law firm in Myanmar since 1988). From early 2002 to late 2009, the firm worked closely with KPMG in Myanmar.
He is fluent in English and Burmese.
- Advised a number of clients in the energy sector including acting for a market leader in connection with the development and exploration of oil and gas
- Advised players within the telecommunications sector
- Advised international and multinational companies on foreign direct investment in Myanmar
Memberships / Directorships
- Executive Committee of the Yangon Bar Association
- Member of the Inter-Pacific Bar