Yee Ming qualified and practised in Australia and Malaysia and has worked in Hong Kong. He has a corporate and commercial practice with deep industry knowledge in telecommunications (having worked for Lucent Technologies in a regional commercial and strategey role), information technology (having been in-house counsel for Accenture in Hong Kong), logistics engineering (monorail and bus design and manufacture), oil and gas services (oil country tubular goods, machine shop, drilling waste management, tubular goods supply chain management) and retail businesses.
Yee Ming’s forte is managing complex negotiations, especially in a technical environment. His clients value the commercial insights he brings from the 10 years that he spent in industry in various strategy, commercial and general management roles within multinational corporations.
Yee Ming’s experience includes several years managing commercial bid-and-proposal teams at Lucent Technologies. He was also Strategy Director for Lucent’s Wireless Networks Business. Subsequently, he took on the role of legal counsel at Accenture in Hong Kong, with regional coverage. In Malaysia, Yee Ming worked on secondment to Scomi Engineering Berhad, heading its legal team.
Clients leverage Yee Ming’s industry experience by engaging him to lead their in-house M&A teams in advising on project-managing, negotiating and closing transactions.
Yee Ming has been engaged in projects involving the engineering, procurement and construction of monorail lines, wireless telecoms networks and information technology systems. He has also been involved in undertaking due diligence and advising on acquisitions and disposals of IT businesses, oil country tubular goods (OCTG) and waste treatment and disposal businesses, logistics businesses, mining concessions, commercial real estate projects and franchised retail businesses in the region, particularly in Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam. Yee Ming has also consulted on and developed templates incorporating best practices for use in large-scale procurements.
Notable Cases & Transactions
- Acted for Aseana Properties Limited (LSE: ASPL) in the RM419m disposal of the Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral Hotel.
- Acted as local counsel (in collaboration with Rajah & Tann LLP) for Heinemann Asia Pacific Pet Ltd in its EUR52m acquisition of an equity interest in DFZ Capital Bhd, the largest duty-free retailing group in Malaysia.
- Acted for the owners of the TF hypermarket business in the sale of their business to KV Asia Capital.
- Acted for Envictus International Holdings Ltd (SP: EIH) in its acquisition of the San Francisco Coffee specialty coffee chain.
- Acted for Dorner Mfg on its acquisition of Flexmove group of companies, a Malaysian manufacturer of conveyor transportation systems.
- Acted for Berjaya Corporation Berhad (MYX: 3395) in its acquisition of a data analytics business.
- Acted for the shareholders of Gading Sari Aviation Sdn Bhd in the RM72m disposal of their air freight operator business.
- Acted for Sumitomo Corporation (TYO: 8053) in the establishment of an integrated OCTG supply and pipe threading facility in Brunei, and the operation and management of the facility on an outsourced basis.
- Acted for Scomi Engineering Bhd (MYX: 7366) in the US$110m sale of its regional OCTG machine shop business headquartered in Singapore to Sumitomo Corporation.
- Acted for Aseana Properties Limited (LSE: ASPL) in the acquisition of shares in Nam Long Investment Corporation (HOSE: NLG).
- Acted for Aseana Properties Limited (LSE: ASPL) in its joint venture with Hoa Lam Services Co. Ltd. to develop the US$770m GDV International Hi-Tech Healthcare Park.
- Acted for Ireka Corporation Berhad (MYX: 8834) in its two-call rights issue.
- Acted for Amalgamated Industrial Steel Berhad (MYX: 2682) in its par-value reduction exercise.
- Acted for Mega First Corporation Berhad (MYX: 3069), in the formation of a joint venture to invest in a power plant in Indochina.
- Acted for Frontier Capital Group Limited (ASX: FCG) in its acquisition of CK Graphic Sdn Bhd.
- Consulting and advising on the formulation of corporate governance processes and procedures for a company listed on an international stock exchange.
- Consulting and advising on the formulation of best practices in tender and procurement processes and documentation.
- Drafting and negotiating the documents on behalf of Lucent Technologies for the design, sale and rollout of a US$700m wireless telephone network in Taiwan.
- Drafting and negotiating the documents on behalf of Accenture in a Business Process Outsourcing of information technology functions by a large conglomerate in Thailand.